[33]   Can't modify entries in IE & Chrome

Creator: Rik Blok Created: 2011-12-15 4:11:10
Assigned to: Modified: 2012-07-18 9:47:08
Severity: Medium Medium Project: fcon_project
Status: Solved Solved
Product: Issue Tracker Begin:
Version: 2011-12-13 Deadline:
Component: Progress in %:
Target version:
Test blocking: YES
Creator Details
Initial description
Under Firefox I can click on each entry in the issue list to modify it. The same doesn't work for me in IE v9 or Chrome v15. It seems to be a bug in fabtabulous.js. Here are the console error messages I get on loading the issue list page:

IE:
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'getElementsByTagName': object is null or undefined
fabtabulous.js, line 14 character 3


Chrome:

fabtabulous.js:14 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getElementsByTagName' of null
Fabtabs.initialize fabtabulous.js:14
klass prototype.js:101
(anonymous function) doku.php:321


Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Rik
Workaround

Comments (work log)
       
We are working with IE9 (only) and did not get such a message so far. Initial assumption is that one or more of the hidden elements must not be empty. The script checks on cells but if the cell content is empty it might lead into trouble with the cell element.

Could you please send me following:
  1. Does the error appear also if all report form elements are visible ?
  2. the config of hidden report form elements (your new feature)
  3. the columns on which you noticed this behaviour

       
I'm sorry, Taggic, I think I made two mistakes:
1) I forgot to "Allow" NotScripts on Chrome when testing your issue list at fristercons.de.
2) I forgot to test your issue list with IE.

As a result I couldn't edit fields in your list either, so I thought it was a problem with the plugin. But I see now that both Chrome and IE work fine on your site -- just not on mine. :(

I also see that the same error message appears on your site even though it works so that's not the cause.

I tried showing all the hidden fields/form elements but it didn't help yet. Maybe the cache needs to be purged. I'll try some more stuff and get back to you.

Sorry for sending you down the wrong path.

Rik
       
Hello, Taggic,

I found that this problem happened on me with Firefox 13.0.1 and 14.0.1
And with IE9 works ok...
Any solution for Firefox?? or I should make any change to Firefox config?

Ian
Resolution
 I found the problem, Taggic. There was a conflict with a javascript library in another plugin: http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:encryptedpasswords. I changed the last few lines in encryptedpasswords/jsencryption.js to
if (!Array.indexOf) {
Array.prototype.indexOf = function(a, b) {
for (var i = (b || 0); i < this.length; i++) {
if (this == a) {
return i
}
}
return -1; // needed for compatibility with issuetracker plugin [Rik, 2011-12-15]
}
}


It looks like Firefox 7 has Array.indexOf defined but Chrome 15 and IE 8 don't so the code would be called and it broke something (probably in the prototype library). I've sent a bug report to the author of jsencryption.js and I'll put a notice on the encryptedpasswords plugin page.

Cheers,
Rik

Please Sign in if you want to add a comment or resolution note.
issuetracker/issuelist.txt · Last modified: 2014/04/30 09:36 (external edit)

This Wiki is hosted and ruled by Policies of Frister Consultancy Services.
By using this wiki you accept these rules. -> Impressum